the iPad will provide students with a user- friendly device that will improve their learning experience. The simplistic interface allows teachers to minimize the time needed to learn use of the device. Consequently, increased time may be spent using the device to research, learn, and create. Students will utilize the iPad for a variety of reasons including:
- Improved organizational skills through utilization of the calendar and planner apps that are pre-installed on the device. Teachers will assist students in learning basic organizational skills.
- Creation of various types of projects to demonstrate mastery of topics and standards through utilization of apps such as Pages, Keynote, and iMovie. Examples of projects include research papers, presentations, and movies.
- Utilization of the iPad as a communication tool through various built-in applications.
- Enhanced opportunities for learning outside of the classroom through the use of specialized apps, video content, and other online resources.
- Participation in research, investigation, and exploration of topics assigned by teachers.
- Discovery of online content and apps to assist in learning. Students will have opportunities to share these experiences with teachers and peers.
- Opportunities to take advantage of many eBook apps, such as iBooks and Kindle. Students will access content to enhance their knowledge in specific subject areas or read for enjoyment. Improved reading skills and confidence will result from student interaction with these materials.
will be distributed during the first week of school. Upon receipt of iPads, students will begin a three-week training program regarding the care and use of the iPad. The goal of this training is to enhance each student’s learning experience. Training will consist of the following:
- Expectations for safe and appropriate use of the iPad.
- Creation and management of the Apple ID and iCloud data.
- Charging and caring for the iPad.
- Utilization of pre-installed apps and features of the iPad.
- Printing from the iPad.
- Sharing content from the iPad with teachers and peers.
- Receiving support in the event of a lost or damaged iPad.
- Utilization of apps such as Pages, Keynote, and iMovie.