We are excited to welcome your Kindergartner to Middletown Area School District! Fink, Kunkel and Reid Elementary Schools are looking forward to meeting their newest Raiders in the Fall of 2016. Welcome, Class of 2029!
Below you will find information regarding the registration process as well as helpful FAQs.
THE REGISTRATION PROCESS
1. Register Your Child & Schedule a Registration Appointment
- Your child must turn five (5) years of age before September 1, 2016.
- You will need a valid email address or phone number to create a parent account for our online registration system.
- After completing the online form, you will be prompted to schedule a Registration Appointment.
BEGINNING FEBRUARY 1, 2016: Click here to Complete the Kindergarten Registration Online Form.
2. Attend Your Registration Appointment All appointments are held at the Administration Office: 55 West Water Street, Middletown, PA 17057
What to bring to your appointment:
- Original Birth Certificate with raised state seal (if you do not have the original, click here to find out how to obtain a certified copy)
- One Proof of Residency (see below for accepted proofs)
- Two Forms of identification (see below for accepted forms)
- Evidence of Immunization (see below for a complete listing of immunizations)
- If appropriate: most recent IEP, ER, RR, Agency Letter of Placement, or Court Order (Proof of Guardianship)
Questions? We would be glad to help! Phone: 717-948-3300, option 3 Email: email@example.com
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do I need to bring my child to my registration appointment? No, your child does not need to be present at the appointment. However, you may bring him/her with you if necessary.
When will I find out which building my child with attend? Final placements are determined over the summer. Letters are mailed out to parents in the month of August.
What are acceptable proofs of residency?
- Agreement of Sale
- Lease containing your name and verified by the building superintendent
- Real estate tax bill or paid real estate tax receipt
What are acceptable forms of identification?
- Valid PA Department of Transportation license or identification with current address in the District
- W-2 statement/IRS statement or tax return
- Auto/Homeowner’s/Tenant’s Insurance statement
- Copy of state/federal Program Enrollment
- Voter registration card noting township or borough
- Current utility bill (gas, electric, water, sewer)
Certificate of Immunization or a copy of your physician’s record of immunizations: ￼The following documentation is required for all students wishing to register in the Middletown Area School District. Please bring all documentation to your registration appointment.
- ￼￼￼￼4 doses diphtheria, pertussis and tetanus (1 dose on or after 4th birthday)*
- 3 doses of polio (IPV or OPV)
- 2 doses of measles**
- 2 doses of mumps**
- 1 dose of rubella (German measles)**
- 3 doses of hepatitis B
- 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox) vaccine or history of disease
*Usually given as DTP or DTaP or DT or Td **Usually given as MMR Immunizations must be appropriately spaced to be counted as valid. The regulations allow for a four-day grace period meaning a vaccine is valid if given within four-days prior to minimum age or interval spacing.